Metal-Free Restorations – Groveport, OH
Metal-Free Restorations For a Healthy, Beautiful Smile
At one time, patients who needed to repair a cavity had two choices: have their tooth pulled or get a metal dental filling. Now, there are tooth-colored materials that are not only strong and durable, but also look fantastic. At Sedalia Dental, we believe that everyone should have a smile that looks as good as it feels, so we offer a variety of metal-free restorations such as fillings, crowns, bridges, and more. Rest assured that no matter what type of damage your teeth have sustained, our team of talented dentists can restore the health and appearance of your smile! If you're interested in metal-free restorations in Groveport, give us a call today to schedule a visit.
Why Choose Sedalia Dental For Metal-Free Restorations?
- Experienced Cosmetic Dentists With An Eye For Aesthetics
- We Use High-Quality, BPA-Free Materials That Look Great
- Personalized Treatment Plans That Fit Your Unique Needs
What Are Metal-Free Dental Restorations?
At one time, a mixture of metals called amalgam was almost exclusively used in dental restorations. Now, metal-free options are used that are superior in many ways, including BPA-free composite resin, ceramic, zirconia, and porcelain. Whether you need a simple filling or a new dental bridge, these materials provide strength, durability, and aesthetic appeal all at the same time. They also look so natural that you may have a hard time distinguishing your dental work from your own teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Metal-Free Restorations?
In addition to being virtually unnoticeable, metal-free restorations provide several other benefits as well:
- These materials are hypoallergenic and won't trigger any metal sensitivities.
- You won't have visible metal that makes you want to cover your mouth when you smile or laugh.
- Metal-free fillings are smaller, which conserves more of your existing tooth structure and keeps your tooth healthier over the long-term.
- Your metal-free restorations will be long-lasting and durable.
What Are the Types of Metal-Free Restorations?
If you need to repair damaged teeth in Groveport, we may recommend any of the following options:
- Metal-Free Crowns – For a broken tooth or large cavity, a metal-free crown will restore your tooth's shape, function, and appearance. These crowns are custom-made using ceramic or zirconia and will look just like a natural tooth.
- Metal-Free Fillings – Often made from composite resin, tooth-colored fillings are an excellent way to repair small to moderate-sized cavities and cosmetic flaws.
- Dental Bridge - If you’ve lost a tooth, a fixed dental bridge uses a row of several dental crowns to bridge the empty space.
- Inlays and Onlays - We may use an inlay or onlay when a tooth can't be repaired with a simple filling but doesn't need a full-sized dental crown. Made from ceramic, an inlay sits "within" a tooth like a normal dental filling, while an onlay covers the cusps of a back tooth, without extending to the gumline.