Porcelain Veneers – Groveport, OH
A Smile Makeover Is Easier Than You Think
It goes without saying that if you feel like covering your mouth every time you smile or laugh, it’s hard to feel self-confident. And when you feel good about your teeth, it’s easier to navigate every area of your life. One fantastic solution for many different cosmetic flaws is porcelain veneers in Groveport, which can be used to take your smile from drab to dazzling, usually in just a couple of visits. If you want a smile you can feel good about and want to know how porcelain veneers can benefit you, contact us today to schedule a consultation!
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are thin, strong shells that are cemented to the front of your teeth. Just like new siding on a house, they give your teeth a whole new appearance. There are two main types of veneers and we’ll make the best recommendation for you after we’ve evaluated your needs and goals at your consultation. We’ll also discuss the shape, color, and size to make sure they look very natural.
Traditional Porcelain Veneers
Traditional porcelain veneers are very thin, but we still need to make sure they won’t look or feel “bulky.” To do this, we’ll prep your tooth by removing a small amount of surface enamel. One consideration is that this type of veneer is a semi-permanent restoration, so you can’t remove it down the road without having another veneer put on.
Just like the name implies, minimal-prep veneers require that little to no enamel is removed beforehand because they’re even thinner than traditional. One advantage is that they’re nearly entirely reversible, so if you ever want to remove them, your existing teeth will only be minimally altered.
What Is the Procedure Like?
After one of our talented cosmetic dentists has made sure that porcelain veneers are right for you, the procedure can usually be done in two visits:
- For traditional porcelain veneers, we’ll first numb the area and prep your teeth before taking impressions. For minimal prep veneers, we’ll take impressions right away.
- A dental lab will use the impressions to custom-make your permanent veneers to our color, size, and shape specifications. If prepping your teeth was necessary, we’ll put temporary veneers on them to restore their look and function until your permanent veneers are ready.
- Finally, you’ll come back 1-2 weeks later to have the permanent veneers cemented into place.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
At Sedalia Dental, we often recommend porcelain veneers because they offer so many benefits, including:
- Porcelain is very durable and stain-resistant, so your veneers can last (and look great) for 10-20 years with good oral hygiene and regular checkups.
- Porcelain reflects light more like natural teeth do, giving you very life-like results.
- Since even traditional porcelain veneers are very thin, they conserve more of your tooth structure than other types of restorations.
- They can be used for many different flaws such as minor gaps and crowding, chips, cracks, stains, and more.