Emergency Dentistry – Groveport, OH
Need Help with Dental Pain?
Are you in need of immediate dental care in the greater Columbus area? Has your child suffered a broken or knocked out tooth, or do you have a toothache that is extremely painful? Whatever your situation might be, the team at Sedalia Dental is ready to help, and we’re ready to do it FAST. Just give our office a call, and we’ll happily schedule a same-day appointment so we can take care of your issue and relieve your pain right away. Whenever you need urgent dental care, you can always turn to us, so call today.
Why Choose Sedalia Dental for Emergency Dentistry?
- Same-day appointments available for emergency patients
- Team led by four highly-experienced dentists
- Advanced technology leads to faster care
Unparalleled Experience & Qualifications
Our dentists have been serving the Groveport and Columbus community for nearly a decade now, and in that time, they’ve personally handled pretty much any emergency situation you can imagine. Whatever your problem might be, you can trust that they have helped countless patients through it before. And, they are all dedicated to continually improving themselves, so they each take a variety of advanced training courses every year so they’re always able to provide the most efficient and effective care available today.
Dental Accidents & Facial Trauma
Teeth can become broken, dislodged, or knocked out for a number of reasons, including sports-related and motor vehicle accidents, but whatever the cause might be, they always require immediate care. If you’re in this type of situation, make sure you:
- Call Sedalia Dental right away.
- Try to recover as much of the tooth as you can.
- Gently rinse it off but do NOT dry or wipe it down.
- Try to place the tooth back into the victim’s mouth until you can see us.
- If this isn’t possible, put the tooth in a container of milk or saltwater. The tooth must remain wet to keep it viable for reattachment!
- Do your best to come see us as quickly as possible to give us the best chance of saving the tooth.
Dental Emergencies Due to Oral Care Neglect
Is someone in your house experiencing a toothache? Here is the fastest way to find relief:
- Start by rinsing and gently flossing around the tooth to dislodge anything that might be stuck near it (like a piece of food) and causing the pain.
- If this doesn’t help, call Sedalia Dental.
- Before you can reach us, you can place a cold compress on the face or use an OTC pain-reliever to lessen any discomfort.
If a patient is feeling quite a bit of pain or sensitivity in a tooth, it’s likely that it has developed an infection that has reached the sensitive inner layer, called the dental pulp. This is where the delicate nerve of the tooth is located, so any damage to this area can cause quite a bit of pain.
With a root canal, we can both relieve this pain as well as save the tooth from extraction. We’ll simply numb the tooth, remove the infected pulp, clean the tooth, replace the pulp with a filling material, and then rebuild the enamel using a restoration. Thanks to modern dental techniques, most patients report that this procedure is no more painful than getting a small filling!